View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Because I decided to go under the tie rods with my swing arms, lowering the bar itself from the frame with the tube stands helped with the geometry of the end links. This along with the additional structural help is why we went this direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Pozzi View Post
Stay away from aluminum arms. A circle track magazine tested them and they have too much flex.
Thanks for that info Lance & mentioning that Mr. Pozzi. I've been looking @ the 1.25" x.750" steel arms. Didn't think the aluminum arms would be a 'good idea' street thing. My mock-up pieces using 1.25" tall 'arms' (yardstick sections) fit comfortably under the R&P's TRE's @ ride height.

I did speak w/a rep from Speedway Eng. yesterday & got the requested info on machined dimensions of the bars as well as some insight. For those curious... It seems their e-mail form of contact doesn't work so calling is best.

Is there a 'Blue Collar' calculation that can be done for the rate of the bar to help narrow a starting point on a modular set-up? My research yielded the info that Ridetech's C10 Strong-Arm 'MuscleBar' set-up utilizes a 1.5" OD x .250" wall tubular bar w/a listed rate of 1020#. I'm using that info as a comparison with the other bars I have (utilizing the Speedway bar-size to arm-length spread sheet for the rates):

Fixed Rate
OE GM standard bar 1.125" solid w/14" arms @ 264#
OE GM HD 1.25" solid w/14" arms @ 350#
Addco/PB 1.25" solid w/15" arms @ 330#
Bell Tech 1.375" solid w/14" arms @ 494#
RideTech/Musclebar 1.5" tubular @ 1020#

Adjustable Rate
Speedway Eng. 1.5" hollow w/14" arms @ 549#
Speedway Eng. 1.5" hollow w/8" arms @ 957#
Speedway Eng. 1.375" solid w/8" arms @ 864#
Speedway Eng. 1.25" solid w/8" arms @ 617#

The RideTech bar rate seems suspect based on the fact that all the other bars (which are OE or direct OE configuration replacements) have a measured arm length of approx. 14". Using the Speedway spread sheet for their hollow bar @ 14" arm length indicates the 549# and that's w/a .500" wall vs. RideTechs .250" wall. My 8" arm length is based off of relocating the sway bar closer to the a-arms which provides the additional ground clearance.

I feel comfortable w/my Speedway bar selections but wanted others insight before pulling the trigger.

Last edited by ScotI; 10-13-2020 at 06:20 PM.