View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default TomM - 66 Nova Wagon - LS1....

About Jan of 2010, I picked up an extremely clean 66 original wagon. It needed the usual floorpans, but the spare tire well was there, and not rotted. The previous owner had sanded the car, so the surface rust you see, is purely cosmetic. The more I tore in to the car, the more I found out it really was a solid as I suspected, so I have a pretty good canvas to start with....

Fast forward to Oct/Nov 2010. Finally got the old floor pans cut out, and the new ones fitted. It took me a while, as body work is definitely not my calling. In the meantime, I was slowly stripping the car, to get it ready for body work. I also built a rotisserie during that time. I finally got the car on the rotisserie today, and low and behold, it didn't break, and I was able to rotate the car easily....

The plan is of course the venerable LS1 from a 2004 GTO, 4L60E, 8.2 10 bolt, 3:55 posi, and without a doubt the full Church Boy's Racing "massage"... upper and lower arms, rack and crossmember, steering arms, sway bar, 2" dropped rear leaf springs,and the CBR/Stainlessworks headers. I am also doing the LS brake swap, front and rear 12" crossdrilled and slotted rotors, using the CBR front caliper brackets.

It's going to be a slow and steady build, as I already have a running hotrod, so no need to kill mysef on this one. Here are a few pictures of the car, and progress to date....I'll be updating as I have something to add.....

The wagon, as she arrived.....

And last but not least...the bullet.....

T,