View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Well I was making my run through lines and a friend came and mixed it all up.

Previously I had the lines as above and added in the line for the rear.

In my head this was "ok" but wasn't ideal for how I was wanting the lines to look. Nine Ball made a suggestion for how to route them and i'm happy he did!

I decided to "free hand" the bends on some scrap tubing to see how it would look.

He was right, it looked MUCH better. Decided I was going to bite the bullet and risk running short on stainless to re-do those lines.

All three lines are in place there, clutch still needs to be bent and terminated for the hydraulics there.

I also finished up the cross piece for the front brakes and used my nice stainless brake clamps I got.

Finished up the bends on the rear line to get it closer to the floor and where I could secure it to the frame/floor.

Since I ditched about 2-3ft of tubing, I did come up shorter than I had hoped. Ended up about 6-12" shorter than I was originally looking for, so I just bought a slightly longer flex line (due in wednesday)

Overall, I'm pretty happy for my first time doing this. Could I do it better? Probably. Maybe this will be re-visited someday...but i doubt it (unless there is an issue).

With that finished, it's time to start looking to install the engine/transmission back in the car. I wanted to trim the bellhousing so it didn't hang lower than the oil pan.

That took a bit to cut, but got it done and re-painted (no pics).

I also got some old parts blasted while at Nine Ball's place, so they're ready to be painted and be put back on the car (when the time is right).

First time taking this bad boy out of the box. Was happy to see the splines lined up (was nervous as I never confirmed it was the right clutch).

Was going to be making solid progress until I found....no flywheel bolts...

Always seems to be the case that when you get momentum something stops it. LSX didn't come with them (not surprised) and clutch didn't (not a huge surprise either as they typically are re-used from stock). I have a set of ARP bolts coming in tomorrow. Hoping to have this in before I leave for Mexico this weekend.

William
2018 GMC Denali HD