Thread: Project FNQUIK
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Well I went out to the car the other day and thought something was missing!

The motor had to come out to notch the sub frame for the A/C compressor. So here we go.
The motor came out easily, we put it on the engine stand so we could do some work on the remote oil filter lines. a 90 degree fitting had to be screwed into this aluminum adapter.

I was going to use two straight fittings one short and one long and 90 off them forward to the oil cooler, but the way the AutoKraft pan kicks out and how close my headers are to the oil pan it wouldn't work. I picked up a tight 90 degree ORB to AN fitting to use for the front hose, but of course it can't go in because the oil out let is too close to the base pan to spin the 90 degree fitting so off came the adapter. The inside of the oil passages on the adapter had very sharp edges so while its off My buddy (Spaceman) is cleanig them up for better flow.
The base pan I bought was used and the previous owner had it powder coated. When he did they left the spot where the O Rings seat bare, which made the O Rings probably not able to seal it up because of the thickness of the powder coating around them. Not good on an oil line. So while Spaceman was cleaning up the sharp edges I striped the powder coat off the oil pan rail while not letting any grit or crap get in the oil passages. It kept me busy for quite a while.

The discolor around the oil passages is where there was no powder coating.

And ready to reinstall the adapter. I removed all the coating where the adapter would make contact so the O Rings would get the proper pressure for sealing.

Now this part is ready to complete.

Last edited by waynieZ; 06-27-2016 at 09:57 PM.