Thread: Investing 102
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I think you guys are hitting on a few good points that people often over look. Debt has been talked about here before but I'd wager a lot of people, for whatever reason, put their daily drivers in the "necessary debt" category and I disagree completely. My Tahoe is a 2006 that I bought two years ago with 135k. I'm looking at buying another toy that's less than 15k and at minimum 15 years old. I won't carry debt on them. My fiancee's Fit is a 2010 model that's long been paid for. Car's today are very reliable for the most part. Buying a used or older one for cash frees up so much money to be put into assets that actually appreciate. No car any of us are going to buy and use as a daily will appreciate. Unless you can write it off for work/taxes, it's costing you money. Finding ways to minimize that cost is great. Apply that same perspective to areas of your life where it's relevant and see how much more money you suddenly have available. I just think a lot of people aren't willing to truly be honest with themselves concerning what they really need to spend their money on. If they would, I think they'd be better off financially.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WSSix For This Useful Post:
captainofiron (09-16-2018), GregWeld (09-16-2018)