View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 09:55 PM

I hear you guys. People have been ripped off and let down by many of the shops in the bay area and are getting tired of it. There are so "few" good shops around that can produce nice to excelent work in a timely manner.

I have built many cars for myself and other people as a hobby for the past 25 years and I have never heard so many complaints. Shops saying they can do a job and then hacking up a car or not knowing what they are doing so it takes forever to do a simple swap of some kind or the worst of it, taking a deposite on a project and never doing the work.

EBMC, your not to far from me and I know of a couple of people that have brought their cars to you and have been very happy.

Fesler, I think you are right on with the ratio of good "vs" bad. I think out here it might be even higher due to the ammount of shops that exist. As for the cost of building a 40x60 shop, There are a bunch of variables that can and will change the price of a building that size. I would guess in your area if you build a standard slab on grade pad and foundation, 2x4 walls 13 feet high, clear span truss roof frame, stucco and comp roof your in the 45k range and thats if its a free standing building. Sorry I don't have very many pics. I'm not much of a picture taker but i can get some for you next week if you like?

Mr Weld, Hope that second cup of coffee did some good. The ATM comment is unfortunately true. It not only helped the auto industry but also the consturction side as well and when the ATM broke, so did the rest of it. Roy Brizio is a top notch builder and has been from day one. Like you had said, your helping build a car that most likely could not be built because this sh!t's expensive to have quality work done. There are so few people that can afford a 250k car to be built and most people with that kind of money are investing, not spending.

I have a little spot I work on my cars at and I'm getting people in my area asking me to do work on their cars for them but its a hobby for me and I'm almost considering making it a career move just because I'm getting a little tired of construction. After 25 years of doing the same thing " Mind you I'm hands on all day and don't use many subs" It might be a nice change from the 14hr days to maybe a 9hr dy.