View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
BAD ASS STEVE!! Wow that looks nice!!

Some experience I'll share -- when painting a larger area like that.... Get some Home Depot or Lowe's 5 gallon buckets -- and get a 5 Gallon bucket screen sold in the paint department -- it hangs in the bucket.... and you run your roller against it. #1 -- carrying and moving around a 5 is so much easier -- and you can dip and roll so much faster because the bucket is more stable and the screen is "near vertical" so the bucket (or in your case the pan) isn't being pushed around.... #2 -- the bucket holds more paint so you're not constantly filling it. #3 -- if it's a multi day paint job -- you just leave the paint in the bucket and cover it with a DAMP towel.... Put your roller in a zip lock bag - seal it and stick it in the freezer --- just take in out of the freezer a few minutes before you'll start again. Don't handle the roller just unzip the bag grab the roller using the bag as a glove and slide it on the cage..... #4 -- Don't clean your cut brush either - fold it nicely in tin foil - to hold the nice brush shape - and slip it in another Zip lock bag - stuff this in the freezer too.... take it out when you want to use it again.

Figure you may be painting other rooms in the house -- so thought I'd toss in a couple pro's tricks. LOL
Overall the painting was fairly quick. I do wish I would have combined all the paint for the floors into 1 large batch first. I used 3.5 gallons of paint and you can see where I changed to a new gallon of paint. A little frustrating...

Never would have thought about freezing the brushes. I'll certainly be trying that very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
That looks great...Nice job!

I used to move my boat around with my ATV, but I left the tongue weight on the tongue jack with a wheel on it. Worked okay on a hard surface but not off road at all.

That mill will be fun to use, You can do all kinds of stuff with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
Ummm, woulda been nice to have those floors for the LS conversion huh? Just giving u sh$T!!! Looks great an very rewarding. So, could you showcase the camaro in that outdoor room?
Thanks. The ATV should work using low gear. I really only need to pull the boat out ~30ft so I can squeeze the car behind it. Originally I wanted a B series Kubota or something but the ATV popped up at a great price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Sweet set up Steve! Your going to love it.
Already do. So nice to be clean, have room and to not be freezing my butt off when tinkering..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
That's so sweet. Wish I can have a shop like that.

Looking good Steve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
looking good steve!!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Killer place. Fun canvas to start with and create.
So many ideas for new projects , now I just need to finish up the current one and find some $$$$