Thread: My New Digs
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBronco View Post
Look forward to seeing the completion of this!
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdrivinmike View Post
Very cool, looks like great location. Which direction from downtown and the strip?

Mike
I'm Southeast almost to Boulder City on the South side of the 95. Mission Hills
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Since the "shop" is attached to the house really what are your plans for fireproofing, sprinklers, etc? I know we discussed this before somewhere...
The entire house will have fire sprinklers. I'm also using blown in cellulose in the attic and it's supposed to be best for fire. This is all one story so no living space is above the garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
Are sprinklers required in the entire house? here in Livermore it is, most people say its a pain in the a__, too expensive, too much leak liability etc etc. My response is, "you ever see a child in a burn unit?"

YOu having the GC do everything up to sheetrock or is he/she doing finish as well?
He's there all the way through cert of occupancy. Glad I hired him. I'm out there everyday, but it's just accountability and making sure the details are getting done. I have caught a few mistakes already that have been rectified or will be. He cut me a square deal and I wouldn't save any money without him. He's saved me money on framing, plumbing, and concrete already. His subs like to make him happy and that helps me. Plus I have his eye of everything and I don't know any better in many cases. Between my young family, my real estate team, and crossfit, I probably wouldn't sleep if I was owner/builder. I'm really enjoying it! They chalked out the walls today and I got to walk through the house for the first time. Pretty cool!

Last edited by Vegas69; 01-29-2018 at 09:46 PM.