View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 11:22 PM

I drove the car less than five miles before the tear down began. I spent the first two months stripping thick layers of undercoating from the bottom of the car, the trunk and even under the carpet. As the layers came off, years of hidden repairs became exposed. At some point the floor pans and trunk pan had been replaced. It was poorly done and the way the front subframe mounts were reattached was down right scary. Lag screws are not good! I pushed forward and stripped it all down to bare metal. More rust issues behind the rear bumper. I knew I would be replacing the trans tunnel to make room for a T-56 and it looked like I would be replacing even more now.

The tear down begins.

I sold the 292 and the five speed that was in the car. I was surprised there is a cult following for these inline engines as I had multiple people wanting it. It was pretty trick for a six as it had a Sissels lump port head, forged pistons, roller rockers, etc. It sounded like a old log truck. It went on to live a new life in a early 60's Chevy truck.

The previous owner had installed Church Boys Racing suspension components on the stock subframe/ doghouse. The design is kind of a mix of stock and aftermarket as the coil overs are above the upper control arms. Greg Wiedeman purchased these for his car.

Last edited by 64G-lark; 08-19-2021 at 10:18 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 64G-lark For This Useful Post:
Beechy (10-24-2020), Roscoe03 (08-21-2021), syborg tt (10-25-2020)