View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 10:14 PM

Sigh...

I had written up a long description of how I made my decision and all of the work I was planning to do, and then I get an email reply from the engine builder regarding my oil pump selection. I had talked myself into a wet-sump solution, likely using a worked-over pump from Schumann. I read good reviews and talked with them on the phone about their pumps. But my builder (Halston) tells me his experience with the pump wasn't so positive. Great...

TOW is heading his way tomorrow. It will help to have another set of eyes looking at the car with me and discussing what I should do. I'll have more info soon.

In the meantime, I did make one purchase today targeted at helping with this problem. I decided to replace my PRC radiator with a unit from C&R Racing with integrated PS and oil coolers. I am going to have to replace my current radiator anyway as it is leaking (getting worse), so I decided to step up to a better unit. I will remove a good bit of plumbing and the current 2 coolers mounted in front of the AC condenser. That removes several additional AN fittings and lengths of hose. I will also remove the oil thermostat regardless of the wet vs dry sump solution. That cleans up yet another restriction in the system. Finally, I'm going to remove the second small oil filter which I am currently using from the system. I had decided on all of those if I were staying with the wet-sump, as they would remove a lot of plumbing and restrictions to the oil flow in the current setup... They just naturally go away with the dry sump solution...

More to come...