View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanks for your continued sharing of knowledge Dave. It REALLY HELPS.

Since I am using a 2nd Gen Camaro radiator set up made by C&R that has two large fans, I plan to use two of the GM PWM fan control modules.

My thinking is that GM validated those modules for the current draw of just one C6 Corvette fan. Since I have two fans, it seems safest to use two modules vs. "hoping" one module will be able to handle the current draw of two fans.

I know that probably sounds like overkill but hey, I'm an engineer. It's in my blood.

Of course, my plan presumes that I can send the PWM signal from the E67 ECM to both fan modules.

Do you suppose that will be a problem?
Would you happen to know what the frequency and voltage amplitude of the PWM signal from the E67 ECM is?

Oddly enough, the toughest part of my plan appears to be sourcing the connectors that plug into the GM Fan control module. Best
I can tell, the only way you can buy those connectors from GM is as part of an entire C6 fan assembly whch lists for over $400!

If anyone knows where those connectors can be purchased separately I would appreciate them giving me a hint or clue.

I may have to connect wires to the module tabs and then pot the end of the module, effectively converting it to a pigtail version.

Thanks again Dave.