Thread: Camaro LT5
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stielow View Post
My cars tend to weigh 3500 lbs without driver and 52% front weight. I like a 550 lb/in front spring with DSE standard sway bar. On the rear I like 225 lb/in with DSE 1 1/8 rear bar. The softer rear springs and big bar works well for me. The Goodguys AutoX guys are going to a lot higher spring rates.

The "Normal" DSE JRI shocks double adjustable shocks have enough adjustability to be a OK ride but can be firmed up to be used on track.

My issue with the JRI double adjusts are that you need to pull the front tire to adjust them. You also should lube the adjusters every time you change the oil in your car. The adjusters are mild steel and can corrode very easily, than they lock up. The adjustment system is in my opinion kind of delicate. It requires a pin you stick into the adjuster and then you sweep them to the desired setting by counting "Clicks" or "Sweeps".

I'm trying some new shock with knobs and numbers to see if they will work. I want to be able to drive to an event and be able to set the shocks with pulling a tire. Once we test them I'll let you know if they work out.

Mark
Thank you Mark!! Great information and very valuable, especially the lubing of the adjusters which one can forget very easily. Can't wait to hear your opinion on the new QA1's and looking forward to the progress you and Matt are doing on your new build.

Jon