View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default 1970 GMC C15 with a few items.

My father bought this truck new in 1970, to use as our shop truck. He started a business in 1968 doing auto restoration with my uncle and a few Navy buddies. When he retired from the Navy in 1972, he went full tilt boogie with the business. By 1978, he had a bunch of cars out there. Please note, he did classic European cars. This truck was the only American made item we worked on, as it was constantly getting dented and beat on by shop workers and the like.
My Uncle died in 1984 and my father decided it was time to retire the shop truck my uncle loved so much and we restored it. My father DD'd it for a while and we re-did the truck again in 1992.

Fast forward to 1997 and my father passed away after battling a lot of health issues at the too young age of 62. My brother and I inherited the business, all the cars and of course, this truck. It was a bad year that year, I had career issues and my brother got divorced. His ex-wife took everything, so my Brother took over the GMC as a DD. It was pristine and all stock, with drums front and rear, 3 on the tree with a decent running 350. Black with red interior.

My brother and I don't really get along... so fast forward to 2007. I got a call from my brother, asking me permission to sell the truck. For the record, I owned it... but it cost me 2K to get it back, as he rebuilt the motor before sticking it in a field for 3 years. Yep, rockers, floor, cab corners and the windshield frame was toast... and someone hit the bed with a bull dozer moving snow.

Sorry for the book so far, but you all needed history.

Now, I have the truck, I love it and it's in shambles. My father would re-do it back to stock. Me, I can't leave anything stock, at all.

Do y'all want more?
Attached Images