View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

hmn, problems with the board code. I thought I'd have the pics inline with my text.

So, as a I said, something just didnt look right... a bunch of numbers crunched told us what our eyeballs were saying was true... it was a truck suspension, it would handle like a truck.

Enter phase two... this is after some paint. Oh and we didn't center the rear axle in the wheel well, as GM didn't either. The lowered right height didn't help much either.

I talked with Nathan Porter, of Porterbuilt. I had been watching his tech happen on a board (that banned me for linking 4x4 tech) and he impressed me with the math of his suspension. So, yep, pull the entire front clip off, cut out the boxing plates and re-work a bunch of stuff.

Oh and since the motor's out, a measly forged 408 isn't enough, as I lost the turbo/EFI guru I had, so might as well do a GMPP 427 LSX (True LSX) with a whipple blower oh and a 2" cog belt drive... but the cog belt drive didn't work that well.

From a specs perspective, this is where the truck is. 427 blown LSX, TCI 6 speed in a 4080E case, 12B rear with parallel 4 link and watts. It did get new shoes and new rubber... oh and 14" Baer brakes.

Ok, so maybe a wee bit more to catch up.
Attached Images

Last edited by grendel; 09-15-2014 at 07:36 PM.