View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 07:58 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

As I said, first thing I did was read about 60 or 70 build threads, from end to end.

Darren talked me into a Ride Tech Tiger Cage (love stainless and aluminum). Also have to run their shocks, since he's helped me with so many projects. I am going to lift his daughter's power wheels for him, since he won't do it himself.

I spoke to a few frame and sub frame manufacturers and really wanted IRS. Have you looked at the cost?

Enter in my penchant for factory engineering and trying to retrofit what I can... if they spend hours and millions developing something, it has to be good.

Enter in the 2013 Camaro SS rear suspension pull out. It's out of a 6 mile car that got dropped off the car carrier. It's nice to have friends in low places, as most of you would cry at what I paid for this and 4 other complete cars. I dropped out the center diff, intending to add a 9" or Strange 60 center chunk. Seems the aftermarket support is amazing for this config, as I found adjustable rear links, stronger center sections and different axle shafts out the wazoo. I also have a ZL1 differential with the LSD and larger gear sets. Will be fun breaking it.
Attached Images

Last edited by grendel; 10-16-2014 at 12:08 PM.