View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Its just started and I am already in love with this thread. Yes, I actually want to marry it. Spare us no details of the build please. (And what is the full track width anyway ? 78" ?)
79" outside of tire to outside of tire. (did I mention it was wide?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Is this a customer (GoPro) car or a design exercise for the shop? Either way I love it and can't wait to watch it come together!

Dan
It was actually a project we started independently as a shop project. In the fairly early stages, one of our customers we have built for before was talking about wanting a more hardcore, track based project that was still streetable. Something with a good level of detail and uniqueness, but not so precious or something he would panic about if he got a rock chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN_X View Post
This had to be a great excersise in your ability to trust your design. I cant imagine saying "well this is one of the best shells we have ever had. Now lets cut it up and make it really wide" Great job guys!!

Well put. This was a pretty big 'leap of faith' from what we thought would be an awesome idea to the reality of making it. There isn't exactly a ton of reference when you build a GT/DTM/ALMS style 2nd Gen custom widebody race car! It was pretty much when we had the tire up next to the body sticking way out past the quarters we knew we were onto something.