View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 11:46 AM

First off Greg sorry to hear this happen to you, and thank you for bringing this to light for others.

The positive news is you still have the 65 and depending on how things are shaking out on the big car lets make sure to get some events lined up this year together..

Black Friday Laguna is 102DB day!! and then October at T-HIll

or if you want to do a track rental day let me know I'll pay my $$

Secondly the whole automotive industry lacks integrity. The sh** that's been pulled on my personal cars for years makes me sick.

In my professions you would be out of business quick but somehow these leaches and cockroach shops continue on robbing people.

Case and point I went to the "classic car" specialty shop in my town to have FI-Tech installed on my Nova. It's not difficult and time permitting id do it myself. I get the car back with what was described as "light detonation" and the Fi-Tech needs to learn. I jump on the gas and holy cow I got a full rattle can of marbles under the hood.

I take the time to investigate I pull the disti which needs to be locked out (it's super simple pull disti, flip the advance to lock out and remove springs etc). I take it apart nothing was done. I call the shop that did the install and ask them point blank did you guys lock out the disti per the installation guide. Their reply of course we did.. a straight lie to my face and that was the last time they ever saw my $.
The Fi-tech was adding timing onto of my mechanical advance of 18 I'm lucky I didn't loose a motor it shot up to 50+ all in advanced.

Nate