View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 10:56 AM

We are not all dialed in yet.....and it will be a while before I can get some more seat time in the car.

I put the 750hp version on a 5.3 with a cam, how's that for overkill. I really just wanted to see what we can get away with.

So far it runs good and keeps getting better. I have done very little "tuning" other than the initial setup and setting the idle. I did have to manually pull fuel from the tune in the 3000 rpm range as it would load up at part throttle and fall flat on its face when you tipped in from there. It's great on the highway, my wife drove it to Pittsburgh without issue. We are still leaving some power on the table, high load, low rpms, such as autocross launch or slow corner digs but that is improving. At the first autox passes, it couldn't get out of it's own way but by the end of the next day it was turning tires at launch......I am waiting to see how good it will get on it's own before I start making changes.

You have to buy a separate throttle cable bracket, I used one from Holley and I am 99% sure it is the exact same part. Past that, it is exactly what I expected, no more, no less. I have two more on order, with trans control, for basic LS swaps and I expect them to work just as well.

Support your local hot rod shop!