View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
Hey John, have you tried to put a straight edge in the peak between the fender and door? On mine the the peak goes in and I have about 1/4” gap. Do you have this problem too? Wondering how to deal with this?
I'm no body expert, but it seems as though if the fender peak is too far in, and it needs pushed out, you might need to remove shims at the top of the fender and possibly the bottom to make the fender "push out" in the middle. You'll still keep your door gap width. Just shim accordingly to keep the height correct.
Another thing to try is remove the fender and place it with the inside facing up on the ground and put blocks of wood along the top and bottom to support it, and then step on the fender to try to bend it outward a little. I had to do this with one of mine, but the other way, as the peak was too far out.

One thing with these cars, is you will be using body filler to perfect it. There's no getting around it, unless you're a metal working expert.

Also make sure the fenders are attached to the core support, because just a little bit of movement up front will make a difference at the door. I loosely bolt the entire front end, to the car, and don't tighten the inner wheel wells, because you want to be able to have movement of the fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevy View Post
Looking good John...
Thank you!!
Heidts Pro G IRS/ Heidts Pro G Front
DSE mini tubs
TMI interior
4L80E
6.0L TT? Maybe
https://www.facebook.com/Angry-Johnn...?ref=bookmarks