Thread: Investing 102
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 08:34 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Cool deal. We're the same age Albert. So, yes, what Greg said. I'd get a little more aggressive with part of the portfolio. You can do this by picking the names yourself or put it in a managed account that's more aggressive. Who do you have your Roth with? If one of the big four brokerage houses, they offer more aggressive managed accounts.

The way I diversify is that I only manage a portion of my retirement accounts. I have multiple accounts due to starting my own and having company sponsored accounts. Some I've rolled over but others I just left alone. I let smarter people than me manage those accounts. I choose my stocks in a portion of my Roth and my brokerage account only. My 401ks are professionally managed. I try not to copy the same stocks they use though I know I have some overlap. Don't sweat it too much. You have a good list going. I'm just offering suggestions.

As for savings, I believe the suggestion is to have 6-12 months of income in a readily accessible account. I have mine in an online savings account. It pays better than anything local but it's just a place to park the money should I need it.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims