Thread: FJ40 thread....
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 08:41 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
Very nice.

I'm about to start on my 74 FJ40 (6.0/4l60e swap), and have a few questions.

-Steve (sheck44) used AA engine mount on his. Did you use the same mount as well?
-How's the fit with the 6l80? Did you run into any issues with the drive line angles, with the 40 being so short?
-Looks like you use the tank in stock location? How did you address the fuel delivery for the LS? I've been thinking of using the Blazer tank for the engine, and go away with the stock tank.

Thanks.

Tu
Thanks!!

I also used AA engine mounts, but made my own trans mount.

If I remember right, the transfer case ended up 6 inches farther back than stock because of the 6L90e. I did have to have the rear driveshaft shortened. I am having some minor driveline vibration and have been looking at the pinion angle as the possible culprit. I added a couple of degrees pinion shims to the rearend and it helped some...still trying to sort that part out.

My FJ has a one-year only midmount stock tank. Impossible to use it with everything being pushed back. I ended up having a custom tank made (http://www.boydwelding.com/) and moving the tank to the very rear. I'm also trying the new Holley fuel pump with Hydromat setup. So far it works great.

Jeff-
rickpaw (10-23-2019)