Thread: 1969 Torino
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Looking good! Definitely like the setup. I'll assume there enough forward/aft adjustment to comfortably modulate the throttle under braking?

Rob Box FTW!
Between the brake and throttle pedals there are too many adjustments. It's funny how you take something like pedals for granted until you have to start from ground zero in setting them up.

The Joes pedal is pretty slick. It has adjustable stops in both directions and a garage door spring to snap it back. Of course the carb side of the equation will also get a Joes return spring setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech921 View Post
I don't think the cat likes the "go" pedal......
He does seem to take issue with it for some reason. Both him and Flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
Nice photobomb!

So you will hopefully get a laugh out of this, but... I'm starting a new design project at work. In my field, we use some kind of theme when we name our projects. My company founder is from Detroit, so he thought a car-based theme would be fun, and I decided we'd go with old musclecar names. We recently changed the plan for the project to go away from a minimalist approach to one that is a bit more, shall I say, "maximalist". So it seemed like a perfect choice to use "Torino" as my first project name in the famliy!

I spend entirely too much time on this site apparently...
Well you succeeded

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff View Post

Are you going to use the linkage and bellcrank from the picture above? Looks pretty slick, but I'm curious how you will mount it all if so...
Bryan

Yes I am planning on using the bellcrank assembly. I will have a full cage and an underdash bar so the bellcrank will likely mount to a flange on the underdash bar.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171