View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 PM

I just did this to mu car took it all down to bare metal and sprayed it with dp90 black epoxy primer. i used 40 grit paper b/c my car had layers upon layers off old paint.. i work at a collision center and we use all RM products you get this at car quest but we mix everything in house...the name of the primer excapes me right now...but i can tell you dont try and use the new polyester slick sand primer they have out,,,turns to cement and is nearly impossible to sand....all i remember about the primer im using is that it says quick sand on the can....and it is just that it sands really easy.... get her all down to bare metal and epoxy prime it..then when you are ready to prime and start blocking just scuff up the epoxy with a D.A..nothing real heavy and spray over the DP90....here in southern louisiana i had to work a panel at a time a door a fender ect...if i left it bare overnite it would surface rust by the next morning and that is indoors and in the winter... use an orbital to sand it to metal cuts way better that a DA all a DA does is pulsate from side to side and orbital makes full rotations and really cuts a whole lot more..we use orbitals to snad to metal and cut filler..
1969 ss 350,hotchkis tvs, comp cams 268xe, world products heads, zz4 intake, 670 holley, msd setup eagle alloy 212's, autometer ultra lites......cusotm interior, 2 tone paint and front frame all in the works