View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Before I could finish up the engine compartment wiring......I had to close up the fresh air vent openings in the Firewall after removing the vent tubes for mounting space for the control modules......So....I made a couple plates to seal the holes today......Got the passenger side installed (LOL...No room to get at the upper screw as it is right behind the A/C unit.....Took awhile)......And........While I was at it.....I had another issue that was making me crazy.....After getting the basic engine wires hooked up, I turned the key to start and expected the engine to crank over......Nothing.......Humm!!.....Checked the wires at the neutral safety switch.......Power there.......Solenoid wire at the starter.....no power.....Call the Tech Line at American Autowire and explain the situation.....I was told to check the plug where the wire goes thru the firewall......I forgot about that....and it's tucked up behind the A/C unit......(Damm that thing)....finally get it to where I can see it and noticed that the power terminal wasn't snapped into the plug body all the way and when I plugged it in it pushed the spade out.......Duhhhh!!!! Starter now works correctly....also got the GM supplied engine compartment fuse panel installed .......and Time for a Nap!!