View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
Another update...…… We were planning on taking the Nomad on the Good-Guys Road Tour next week.... I had a intermittent problem that kept cropping up...… I would get in the car and turn the key and click, click, click...… Battery was fully charged..... Humm !!!……. Went thru the Battery cables, cleaned tightened and thought the problem was solved.... Till it did it again...….. replaced the starter...…..problem solved.... Not !!!...…… Replaced battery cables...….. Same thing...… The only thing left that makes any sense is the Ignition switch...…. No time to get a "Real" GM switch and replace it......So... The Nomad is staying home and the Chevelle is going instead...…. Darn.... This car stuff is hard !!!!!

Ken
Did you put a new harness in the car? I had a problem some time ago with the original harness bulkhead with corrosion. It provided a periodic voltage drop in the trigger wire for the solenoid.................click click!

It would absolutely suck if you could not take the Nomad. You certainly have paid you dues with that build!