View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 PM

The Corvette C6 Chassis for my 1964 Corvette C2 is nearing completion and Street Shop has asked to display it at the upcoming 2012 Carlisle Corvette show!!! So – for those of you who are planning on going anyway, stop by their display booth to see the chassis in person – you will see it before I do!!!
The following series of build pictures shows more of the details of the chassis build:

In the spirit of sticking with all (or as much) Corvette C5/C6 parts as possible, I decided to use the C5/6 Disk Brake set-up, including the red powder-coated front and rear calipers. Yes, I even decided to use the Corvette inscribed front calipers.

Here are close up pictures of the front and rear suspension. Super clean and super modern!! Take a look at the A-arms and coil-overs!

Here are a couple of wide shots of the chassis as it sits now. Once the plating is completed, the engine accessories will be installed and of course lowered onto the frame along with the mated transmission. The Stainless gas tank will need to be installed along with the drive shaft from what I can see from the pictures.