View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 12:17 AM

Default Pros and cons of AEM, Holley and MS3pro

I'm installing EFI on a fairly radical Ford motor now and a Chevy in the near future and have narrowed my choices down to the AEM infinity, the Holley HP series or the MS3pro. I've tuned some older (more painful) PROM based systems and Accel Gen 7 but want to use the new options with more features, no PROM burning, pre-built harnesses and support for COP. I have researched a good bit but I thought I would ask if anyone here has experience with all 3 or even 2.

I'm an engineer (BSME and MSEE) and know that all of these can be made to work fairly well but don't want to spend large amounts of time troubleshooting or figuring out how to use weakly documented systems (Accel Gen 7 was a good example of this). All appear to have some form of limited auto fuel curve development/control process using wideband O2 (I think good for initial operation) and each appears has different strengths. AEM infinity 508 looks to have the most features built in, Holley HP has the most being used and most available support and MS seems to be the most adaptable to any configuration you'd ever run.

I'm planning on a toothed crank trigger, LS COP, port injection on modified single plane manifolds and sequential control for both motors. Both are manual transmission and both will be cable throttle bodies. No turbo or supercharger planned either but who knows down the road.

Thanks for any help with the choices.
1970 1/2 Z28 project car