View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 09:48 AM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info on AEM. I found the announcement on their website. I prefer having a built in wideband controller so the more expensive 508 would be the best option for me. I like that it can do on the fly map switching (I have an EFI motorcycle that could do that back in 2002) but with a harness it's a bit more than a Holley HP set-up. The map switching feature might be a reason to choose it as long as the hardware is robust.
I know AEM has been a big player in the import market and it looks like they are trying to get some volume from the V8 crowd now. I saw a few of the recent magazine articles (seems more like advertising though) and really wanted to get a more unbiased view but there is very little out there. Your idea to download the software from the various vendors and play with it is a great idea.

I agree that the Gen 7 EFI worked pretty well once you figured it out - it's just the documentation you could get as a non-installation center user was very weak. Accel seemed to be targeting the hotrodders that did not want to do work themselves and that was frustrating when I was helping a friend tune his. I don't think they helped themselves with their business approach.

Thanks
1970 1/2 Z28 project car

Last edited by funcars; 09-18-2016 at 12:16 AM. Reason: duplicated a sentence, looked up latest AEM info