View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 10:25 PM

Greg,

As I think you know, I have a very similar situation. I didn't realize that your setup moved the engine towards the passenger side though. My SpeedTech Extreme subframe did that, but only about 1/2' or so.

I have Googled and Googled and Googled some more, read every post I can find on the topic, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to make something custom. I don't remember if I've sent you this picture before, but below is my current 'prototype' that I have been working on. Prototype is even a stretch, I'm using this to create a template of what I will need to do.

I drew those up based on measurements and had a local shop waterjet those for me. You can tell how far off the engine is in terms of angle based on the larger bottom plate relative to the smaller upper plate. I don't remember the exact numbers right now, but your 1" difference front to back is similar.

My plan at the moment is to obtain a 2" spun aluminum drop base from someone, and then cut it to the required angle. I will then have a large disc made with a hole in the middle based off of my prototype of the large disc in the picture. I will deal with the F/R and L/R offsets by cutting the hole correctly, then with angle by cutting the drop base. I'll get it welded together and go from there.

Then there is the air cleaner to deal with. The best plan I have at the moment is to either buy or make something like the following:

My concern is that my throttle body will cause the drop base to be so far up into the shaker that space will be limited. I need to build my base and put it together and find out. I've been dragging my heels honestly because it's a pain and I don't have the ability to do it all myself at home.

If I don't have enough height to do it, my next course of action is going to be consider one of the new Pro-Touring F-Body tall shakers. He calls them the Dude Scoop.

https://scontent.faus1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...1b&oe=5DB70927

Hmm, not sure if that link worked. Trying again:

That should get me enough height to deal with a filter, but them means finish work and paint, etc. It may be my only option though....

Enough rambling. Not sure if any of this helps.