View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 09:03 AM

Default 1969 Camaro - RS Spec Chassis - Wheel and Tire Combo & Pinch Seam Questions

Hi All,

I know there are a lot of threads on 18" wheels. I'm a little stuck on deciding due to the chassis I plan to go with.

I'm in the process of ordering the Roadster Shop SPEC chassis, and I'm trying to work out my wheel and tire size. I will not be mini tubbing the car so from what I can read the largest and most common sizing is 18x8 with 245-40-18 tires in the front and 19x9.5 with 275-35-19 tires in the rear. I've also heard of going 18's all around due to tire availability.

- For those who have any of the above size does this wheel and tire size perform under normal and spirited driving?
- For those who have 18's all around what wheel and tire size are you running (18x8 in the front and 18x10 in the rear?)?
- What back spacing did you use?

Also - I've been fortunate enough to have access to a lift for most of my larger projects, but I don't have lift access on this install . I need to put the car on jacks using the pinch seam. Where are you putting your jack stand on the pinch seam? Do you use a pinch seam block to keep from damaging them?