View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WidowMaker View Post
a few things. first IIRC, most lowering springs (hotchkis etc) have a rate of ~525 and i wanted more. also, they claim a drop of "x", but thats compared to what? what the heck does stock even look like? and with my slammed height, would i need to cut more coils off? that would obviously increase the rate, but since i didnt know how much i was cutting i couldnt calculate a final rate.

the circle track springs are nice because they are cheap and available in lots of different rates. but the spacer sucks. its internal dia is too small for the larger aftermarket shocks, and in fact, when i lowered my frame down for the first time it came to rest on the top of the shock. not good. so i made the above spacers and will fine tune with some more 1/8 and 1/4" shims that ill cut.
Interesting, I will need to research this more. I ordered coils with my front end but at the time Marc from SCC sold me what they used but then after some time on back order we canceled the order. He said they stopped selling just the fronts and only the frt/rear package, I didn't need the rear of course but I may need to so I can get what they are using After I know where I am at for ride height then I can get alittle more custom if I need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WidowMaker View Post
if you have the cash, i would look to dse for the splined bar. its expensive, but youve dropped a lot of cash thus far and it would compliment your package nicely.
I have seen that. I will see what I can pick one up for.

YouTube & Chevelle pics - Instagram @nick.v70 & @ChevelleFactory