View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned

What does your budget look like, the stock front discs aren't all that great, especially at 150mph, You could do C5 with some good pads and fluid and maybe be okay.

Another thing I notice that you keep mentioning is doing 150mph at a road course, I think you should go to one first, before you start telling yourself your going to be doing 150mph repeadetly, the only part you would do that is on the front straight, and I think you would be pooping your pants when you see that first turn comiing at 150mph. I was told the Mule with Mark Steilow behind the wheel did 135 down the front straight(t-hill) which is pretty fast. It would be hard to see that 4000ilb chevelle with nearly stock suspensison and a new driver doing 150. However your question is still just as legit.

I'm still confused with your question, you ask about the largest rotor. Are you talking about stock GM stuff or aftermarket. You really need to find out what will fit in your wheel. Probably 13" would be max if I had to guess looking at your wheels, not sure of the size etc. Do you want to spend $600 or $2000? Obviously the more you spend the better you get, but I think that if you really do some track time, your thought of what it is about and these speeds you dream about will change. Yes you will need good pads to stop after doing 100mph+ for the first turn, but that isn't the only place you are heating them up. And most of the other turns aren't 100mph turns. I would say a good inexpensive C5 setup would be fine for your first few times at the track. When you start learning whatever track it is your going to, and start getting your line down and remembering what turns come next, and start picking up speed and need better brakes then you might upgrade even more. The good thing about good brakes at the track, is that you can brake deeper into turns. The deeper you go into the turn the later you can turn in, which helps you pass people, go faster, and apex later which all helps your lap times. Potterfield makes good race pads and so does Hawk and carbotech

Last edited by fatlife; 08-30-2006 at 01:16 PM.