View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 01:10 PM

I mentioned 150 mph, because it IS a realistic speed I will reach at the track, last thing I need is to have fade in the next turn. I won't start road racing untill next spring, but I am trying to get options and pro and cons from other that have been where I am going.

Last time to the track(quarter) with my old N/A small block, I made 5 passes in only 10 minutes and I thought my car was on fire! Then I noticed the front brakes smoking severely. The car kept getting faster, but the car was stopping slower, and that was only at 125 mph.

I have a adjustable proportioning valve, but the fronts are just to small. I also run synthetic fluid. The faster the car gets the smaller my front brakes are!

The new zo6 brakes look nice, but I wonder how much just a c5 upgrade would help? Maybe Wilwood or brembo? I have also thought about some used Nascar style calipers, are those any good? I don't know, I have never tried those brakes! I run 17x8's in the front. I would like to put it together in bits and pieces from scratch, I am wierd that way.

Last edited by nitrorocket; 08-30-2006 at 01:21 PM.