View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 04:34 AM

Default Just joined here

Looking for maybe a little input on front suspension design/geometry... I decided to redo the front suspension on my mustang and this happened:

I have a good plan to tie it all off the the cage, I have subframe connectors I did a long time ago that are stuffed into the frame rails like a foot. So I am basically going to extend that out the front to where I cut, and make a tie in point there...

I'm planning on running stock car products spindles and hubs, Ive got some 6 piston wilwoods that should work. Front steer sweet mfg assist steering rack. SO that is the plan, biggest issue will be wheels. I want to go with a large diameter (18") so I can fit the spindle and balljoints inside the barrel of the wheel. That way I can build the arms and everything wide, but still put a 315 tire up front without crazy amounts of scrub radius....

Bolt pattern on the car will be 5x5 5/8" stud. Id like to get wheels for hopefully 5-600$ a wheel, Ive been quoted like 3500$ for 18's so I was hoping to find a better alternative... We shall see though, id rather not run a 15" , I dont think I could build the suspension with decent geometry and not have my car end up like 6" wider than what I had before..

Edit:
Transmission is a T101A.
The rear is a 3 link coilover that I built a while ago, it works well but the front - rear balance was always off. I was running stock suspension before so I felt it was lacking in the front end..
It had about ~350horse 289 in it before. It moved alright for what it was. Should run a bit better now...
Attached Images

Last edited by 358Mustang; 08-13-2014 at 04:52 AM.