View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 02:59 PM

Update...

So I've been on a portion control diet for about a month with a concentration on greens and a limitation on red meats with total stop of sweets (even no sugar in coffee). It took some getting used to which included a week or so of lightheadedness and weakness before I added back in enough nuts and other proteins to fulfil the cravings and stop the dizziness. I'm down from 178ish to 165 pounds and hit a low of 163.5# at the height of my colonoscopy prep Monday morning.

Speaking of scopes, I'm clean, no polyps and released for another 10 years with no risk.

I would have LOVED to have blood work done exactly when totally cleaned out like that. Everything I've read says your blood is affected almost immediately by changes in environment or what is introduced or ingested into your body and at that point, there was practically zero outside anything introduced into my body.

Anyway, I seem to be holding steady around 165 and am feeling pretty good. I'm comfortable with the change in food intake and am anxious to get tested again to see how the changes have worked on lowering my cholesterol.