View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT_66_Pro_Touring View Post

The goal is a CAM-T, USCA GTL compliant lightweight that solves the inherent problems with the 3rd Gen platform: chassis flex, antiquated steering with anti-ackerman, high unsprung weight, WAY too low front roll center and too high rear.

The car will have (sort of front-to-back) an aluminum Firebird front bumper custom fit to the Camaro, lightweight lithium battery, tubular k-member & a-arms with extended ball joints, power rack and pinion that removes the anti-ackerman geometry, billet aluminum hubs, C5/LS1 manual brakes, lightweight double adjustable struts, 18x10" forged wheels, an '82 fiberglass hood, Vintage Air A/C, a lightweight 5-speed, aluminum drive shaft, Rear seat delete, lightweight Zexel Torsen based rear diff. and adjustable LCA, torque arm and panhard bar. I'm considering a polycarbonate rear window, but I need some clarification of the weight restrictions on lexan in the CAM-T Rules.
interested in the CAM-T you lised and along with putting on a diet I have a 90 Formula that I'm gathering parts for and ready when my 69 Bird goes to body man I'm also doing the Aluminum Impact bar but compared to the factory steel one it saves only 5 lbs
90 Formula / Firehawk clone
1999 Firehawk
1969 Chevelle SS 396