View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
blah blah blah... just get it done.
Lol!

As soon as I'm done with this 67 El Camino I'm back on my car... Honest!

I actually did start to work on it about a month ago only to mess up the upper ball joint tapers in my ATS spindles and stop any forward progress... Now I have to machine out the old messed up upper inserts, machine new upper inserts, and shrink fit the new inserts into the spindles with liquid nitrogen.

Speedtech doesn't make the ATS spindles with the ball joint taper inserts anymore and don't have any leftover inserts, so I can't send them in for repair and have to fix them myself. But that's what I get for letting the car sit for 10 years and forgetting what ball joint taper I ordered the spindles in... Went to install my new upper control arms and tried installing a 1.5 in 12 taper stud into a 2.0 in 12 taper spindle... Oops. Should have paid more attention before tightening the nuts. Damage was bad enough a taper reamer wouldn't clean up the spindle, now I've got a mess to fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blown353 For This Useful Post:
camcojb (10-19-2021)