View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
I’m running the CTA-42EXT setup on the front of my Chevelle and love them. Also running the upper extended travel coil over mounts from Global West. Great stuff.
We used the CTA-42EXT arms on my friend's 70 Chevelle and I really like them. We did press out the regular ball joints GW provided and installed Howe tall modular ball joints in them after honing the GW arms for a proper press fit of the ball joint housing (they were a little out of round from welding and *way* too tight on the press fit which caused slight sticking/binding of the Howe ball joints.)

The problem on my application is I ran a b body spindle swap on my car years ago when it was the only real upgrade option, and then upgraded to ATS spindles once they came out-- so I bought the ATS spindles with a B/F body ball joint taper so I could install them without changing my existing arms or ball joints. So now I need new lower arms with the B/F body 2 in 12 taper ball joint studs to fit the spindles. If I buy the QA1 arms that already have modular ball joints all I have to do is buy the correct B/F body studs and install them which takes 5 minutes, but if I buy the GW CTA-42EXT arms I have to press out the provided ball joints, measure the press fit and hone the arms to size if needed, and then press in new ones (either Howe or QA1 since I can get them with an A body housing, stock style B/F body ball joints have a larger housing OD than A body ball joints and need the housings turned down to fit.)

Need to order the new lower arms, fix the spindles, and tack in the upper coilovers mounts so I can mock up the front end, figure out what length coil overs I need, then get those ordered. Then it's time to pull the body off the frame and install the hellwig frame FX kit and fully seam weld the frame and get the Alston torque arm installed. Already have the Fays2 watts link installed, and last year I welded the Miller floater hubs and torque arm mount on the new currie housing.

I've got so many new parts stashed in boxes that I've purchased over the last 11 years while the car has been sitting broken it's not funny...

Last edited by Blown353; 10-20-2021 at 01:10 AM.