View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 01:39 PM

Forgot about this place... Haha

Well I ended up building another car starting about 2018, the old track coupe is sitting in the corner of a shop collecting dust with the front end still cut off..

Finally got this engine together as of early 2020 and on the dyno, that was a big feat for me. Had a few issues , but nothing related to the engine .. Had a modified set of dyno headers that broke on multiple pulls so we had to pull those off and weld them up. The electric water pump wasnt sealing to the old yates belt drive so I had to rig up some spacers to sandwhich in place, and then the dry sump tank was puking a bunch of oil. Luckily I brought mine (which was a proper baffled tank) and that fixed the issue. The scavenge in the dyno tank has no sort of baffle or anything where it exits back into the tank so it must have just been making a tornado of oil going back into there with the 5 stage pump.. All in all that was a fun (stressful) day..

The aim with this car was to clean up a lot of fab work that I did on my last car (which started out as a project when I was 17 and no idea what I was doing, other than the fact that I had welders / plasma cutters near by ) , as well as keep it "street" legal

Rear end is a typical 3 link setup w/ panhard.

Front end I designed and built based off a cortex radial spindle.

Decided to go full standalone EFI sort of last minute, so I have been spending a lot of time (and cash ) trying to get that wired up and going.. This car will be running by the end of the year!!
Attached Images

Last edited by 358Mustang; 09-15-2020 at 01:45 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 358Mustang For This Useful Post:
DBasher (12-07-2022), WILWAXU (09-15-2020)