View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 05:25 PM

Default 68 Camaro convertible - DSE, AME, Anvil CF, Texas Speed

Item Location (City/State): Tucson AZ

Price: $SOLD

Description:

68 Camaro convertible. Rotisserie resto-mod. I was single when I bought this car from the previous owner who started modding it. He put it up for sale after getting engaged. I lasted a little longer, I'm married with new priorities. Single guys beware. It was a running / driving car. Included a written appraisal of $20K at the time of purchase.

$25K in labor spent at a reputable shop in Phoenix to rebuild the rear half with new sheetmetal, gap all the panels, and install the Art Morrison rear clip. Totaling up all costs for the large ticket items (DSE sub, AME clip, Anvil CF, LS1, T56. Not including any labor) came to $30K so I feel my asking price is fair. I have all the parts taken off the car along with the following parts I've purchased.
  • DSE front clip
  • Art Morrison rear weld in clip
  • Narrowed trussed nine inch rearend with LSD and Strange axles. 3.70 gearing
  • DSE mini tubs
  • DSE subframe connectors
  • C6 Z06 brakes front and rear
  • Texas Speed built LS1. Cammed, aftermarket heads, ARP headstuds and internals, afermarket crank pulley. 470's HP with LS6 intake
  • T56 6 speed w/ LS6 clutch
  • Recaros with electric adjustments and mounting brackets
  • AutoRad alum radiator support
  • Anvil Auto Carbon hood, trunk lid, rear spoiler, cowl panel
  • Be Cool Alum radiator with dual Spal fans
  • DSE Billet hood and Eddie Motorsports trunk hinges
  • Autometer gauges
  • LED taillights
  • aftermarket trans member
  • aftermarket driveshaft

The chrome trim is in excellent condition. Also have a factory cowl induction hood that came on the car.

Things I know are missing to complete the car; fuel tank (have SS lines), inner fenderwells, parking brake assembly, LS1 drive accessories, and time. It basically needs to be painted and reassembled. Body panels gapped and bodywork complete. The frontend was sealed with 4K primer and wet sanded to 400grit.

The car is currently sitting on 17" eldebrock wheels but will need bigger wheels to fit the brakes. The rear have a huge spacer since the rearend is narrowed for a 12" wide wheel. Will fit 335 wide rear tires and 275 front. Coilovers on all four corners.

If interested, please PM me. thank you!

**pics as soon as I get permission**
Attached Images

Last edited by 68vert; 01-30-2020 at 09:31 PM.