View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 10:18 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Saturday I decided to take a break from the roof. Its making me feel like I'm not getting much done on the car so I needed a change of pace to get some motivation back. Thats why I didn't bother with a update last week, because it was just the same welding, grinding, hammer/dolly work. Without a real game plan for the day (which isn't how I normally do things) I decided to start with getting the door latches done. Previously I had some late model GM latches that I was using. I have since changed my build plan and now use electric buttons to open the door and the C6 Corvette latches are the best solution for this in terms of serviceability and a proven design.

I started with a rough paper tracing and laid it over the striker slot and traced it to the metal. After modifying the cutout, drilling new mounting holes, and filling the old holes I made a better templet to transfer to the passenger side. That to was modified, new holes, and welded up the old holes.

I found that I had the wrong strikers, so I had to move onto something else. The C6 latches have emergency release levers in the even of power or latch failure. I mounted them the same way they are mounted in the C6.

I've been wanting to get my electronics laid out so I could start to plan my wiring. I decided the left rear wheel well was the best place to mount my rear Infinity Box power cell. Lots of room thats not being used for anything else. I built the mount and welded it in.

With all of that done I figured I start to layout the transmission cooler. Since I'm running the TR6070 7 speed it has a built in cooler pump. I wanted to keep the cooler in the rear. I think it will work perfectly in this location and blend well into my defuser. I just need to build some real mounts for it now.

130fe (01-27-2020), Beechy (01-28-2020), dhutton (01-27-2020), fleetus macmullitz (01-27-2020), Goosesdad (01-27-2020)