View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
John, I have a reversing camera being used as blind spot camera cos I'm left hand drive in a right hand drive environment...daily driven 68 Camaro has bad-enough blind spot but in my situation it's MASSIVE.
The camera is mounted at the rearmost edge of my right side quarter window and focused approx 45* rearward for cars sitting beside me blocking lane-change. Also useful for parking.
My screen is stand alone monitor type not built into mirror.

Getting to your issue.........
My first screen install was below the exist factory mirror but the problem there is that you have to adjust your focus non-intuitively because the image is 18" away from you (like suddenly looking at your radio dial), whereas in a regular mirror you are still focused at 50 feet ......the same as looking forward thru windshield....no change in focus.
I found that mounting the screen in the top right of the windshield as far away as possible solved the "old-a$$" eye problem. Yeah, I'm in my 60's.

My screen is mini-tv shape so looks ok where it is.
You have an OE MIRROR shape that will look odd mounted in that top corner.
Temporarily relocate your BrandMotion mirror to the far end of the truck crash pad with tape and go for a drive you'll see an improvement.

.....hmmmmmm....I've solved the focus issue for you but ran out of talent right there!

BTW......I've been following your fiberglass development projects....YOU HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS!! ...nice work tho.
Jim, do you have any pics of your setup?

As close to finished as it’ll ever be..