View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
holy cow Pete, your plans changed quite a bit from your first post. LOL
I have no idea what you are talking about

Quote:
Maybe we should talk about your total budget first then go from there.
Well, I guess there are a couple of ways to look at this. I've owned the car since 1979 and have put about 300 miles on it. The last time it was driven was in 2000. My time frame may be a little different then most!

I'm not the kind of person that will spend large sums of money on a whim, I will educate myself and research it to death before I start spending money. That's where I am right now, research mode. I have a blank canvas in front of me and a goal:the car must be 1:competitive and 2:functional. Pretty doesn't figure into my goal with the possible exception of wheel choice but only after meeting goal 1 and 2. Do I need a new subframe to be competitive, I don't believe so. Will I need to upgrade my front suspension, yes but with what? Will I need to upgrade my 4-wheel drum brakes, yes but with what? What will meet my requirements 1 and 2 without "overkill" or "overspend" to get the job done? It's not so much about; I have $xxxxx to spend - what should I get? as it is; what do I need to do to get my car to meet requirements 1 and 2 and be "capable" of finishing in the top 5 to 10% of an Optima challenge suspension wise?

Quote:
Also I hope you didn't think I was putting your BB down, im a BB guy from birth and had several BB SS cars early on, 68 427 Chevelle, 69 396 Nova 65 396 Chevelle 454 Monte Carlo and even have a 496 in my daily driver. Then it went to big cube small blocks 383, 391 ,406's. But man you just can't beat the HP and MPG numbers these aluminum cans put out, for less money.

Vince
No worries and I agree, today's technology has drastically improved the breed!

https://lateral-g.net/forums/gara...vehicle&id=121