View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radrambler View Post
stefan

what is the toyota motor weight .
i say do what ever the hell you want.this forum is about sharing the hobby not telling people what to do unless they ask....thats my 2 cents.
just curious what the aprox engine weight is because i would imagine you have alot of weight savings with the toyota combo vs. any v8 .
do you have to run an aftermarket control system to run a toyota engine comb? or can your use a factory wiring/comp to install in whatever? im curious what guys go through to put these toyota motors in something.

thanks
tom

Tom,

thanks for your input,
Toyota 2JZ-GTE weighs roughly 539lbs,though I haven't weighed the Garrett GT47-88 ,but I'd say somewhere around 80-90lbs and T-6 manifold around 30-35lbs,

You don't have to run aftermarket engine management,there were many Supras with stock ECU's running 10's,and a few add-ons like HKS VPC/GCC/SAFC combo ,or piggy-back MAP ECU,E-Manage,some were running G-Force(stock ECU with fuel cut removed,rev-limiter removed,e.t.c.) ,but eversince AEM came out with AEM EMS plug & play (so they say )engine management which completely eliminates stock ECU and any piggy-backs,it virtually has endless tunning settings with simple laptop plug in, from timing to fuel to boost and nitrous adjustments in any gear at any RPM's ,most guys started going that route,sure there was Motek and others, but they were and still are more complicated and alot more expensive ,to go with AEM EMS costs closeto $4k may be more or less depending on who's installing and tunning ,it's worth every penny when you have tens of thousands of dollars in a built motor and last thing you want is to rely on stock ECU with limited tunning

Elite Custom Body

1998 Supra APU 6spd
2007 TBSS
1998 GS400TT widebody
1969 Firebird
1979 Firebird LS3,DSE,Baer
1938 Dodge LC pickup