View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
My mouth is watering. I've never been "on" a track before, and i told my self, "no track daze in the Camaro till i've got at least six points and a suit and a helmet".....but i'm looking forward to the day....

And this will most likely be the first track to run for me....

Mike -- this is a great track for beginning. There's not much to hit -- the dirt is pretty rock free as dirt goes. Unlike say - an off track at Spring Mountain.

Guys can mess up 14/15 and loop it right there into the K wall... but I've spun in turns 3 - 9 - went off track at 5A.... without any damage to the car. Only the pride gets busted.

Personally - I think it's a "fast" track without being very technical. You can carry some pretty good speeds and there's only a couple areas where you really have to watch your entry... the off camber in 3 can bite ya if you lift... 5 and 5A are throw aways (you just can't make any time in them).... 1 can come up pretty fast and you're carrying some good speed thru it. The Lotus tries to oversteer there on the street tires it had. That's a little uncomfortable but catchable.

Oh -- and then there's the fine dinning!! Casa Ramos... serves up big tables full of BS when the boys are gathered round... HAHAHAHAHAHA