View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi875 View Post
6:30 is great todd!! even though your 5k times are good, 6:30 is a good barometer of how good of shape you have gotten your self back in to. Only a runner can understand how fast that is. Great job!
Thanks man, it was tough but not terrible during the run. The cool down was brutal though. I have to admit the conditions were favorable. More slight downhills than uphills but the end was all up hill!

I still haven't fixed my nose so this was done on about 80% mouth breathing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik68 View Post
The best way I can explain my change is by describing a life-changing challenge that I am undertaking. Through it, it will show you how every day-to-day situation that used to bring out negative emotions, can be viewed with an equally compelling set of positive emotions. Just by changing your perspective, moments of frustration are equally viewed as moments of opportunity, moments of rushing/panic are equally viewed as moments to learn, moments of jealousy are equally viewed as moments of admiration.

It's really easy, but is a very conscious process. Simply, every sentence you utter, ONLY say it with positive phrasing. For example, a really easy one is, "I don't want to be late." Mentally, this is very different from saying the equivalent of "I want to be on time." Studying the two sentences, you can see how the second one opens up more opportunities for you mentally.

Another example is, "I don't want to do the dishes." For this, you could say, "I want to do the dishes tomorrow." Lo and behold, the next morning you are much more mentally accepting of the pile of dishes.

There's a million examples, but, essentially, pay attention to how you phrase sentences, and spin as many of them positively as possible. Chip away at it, and you will find yourself happier with yourself, people will like you more, and you will be more influential and empowered.

Cheers!
S
Attitude is comprised of how you feel about your past, your present, your future, yourself, the people around you, and how you handle challenges.

That's why I keep preaching that it takes time to change. You must change the way you think overtime. That is done through education, positive influences, associations, achieving goals, and disciplines.

What your doing is similar to affirmations. My mentor Jim Rohn says: Affirmation without action is the beginning of delusion.

Affirmations are great as long as you follow through with Action. Otherwise, it's simply a lie to yourself.

It's good to hear that you are improving your mind.