View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdvm View Post
Everything in my price range is made in China! So I think I may have found a good Chinese-made lift backed by a reputable American company:
http://www.derekweaver.com/rodders-g...-lifts/hr8000/ The guys over on GarageJournal.com seem to think highly of Direct Lift which is a division of the same company that owns Rotary Lifts.
It's not certified AND it's made in China. Remember that you're going to be under this thing....with a large heavy car on it. IMHO, spend a few minutes checking out YouTube videos of lift failures and then proceed to save up a few hundred more bucks and get one that's at least certified.

Full disclosure: Mine is Challengers less expensive model with some parts made in China BUT it's ALI/ETL certified at 10,000 lbs; 2,000 lbs more than the one you linked, and its only $400 over your price range. I'm not telling you to get the brand I have, just that a few hundred more can get you a beefier unit and some piece of mind. I went through the same thing you are going through before deciding to cough up the extra dough.
'04 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4

My '69 Camaro Build Thread

Last edited by OBeer-WAN-Kenobi; 01-06-2014 at 08:50 PM.