View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 07:24 PM

Good info to utilize.

The truck currently has the ability to plant the frame rails as is so the BJ's reach their binding point then. Inner wheel tubs are clearanced to allow increased travel & ~28" max future tire height.

No sway bar installed @ this point but it will get one w/the C/O swap. I have several C10 OE style bars I can try for mock-up. I also have a Ridetech C10 Muscle Bar set-up but it's on my dually & I didn't want to have to steal it if avoidable.

Ride Tech a-arms (their OG versions). I also have their adapter brackets for the bottom of the C/O mounting (the C4 adapter brackets). My plan is to replicate the upper bag mount (*make a separate mounting plate), clearance the current upper spring bracket as needed for the C/O, & build the upper C/O mount from there. The truck is currently set-up @ 4.5" ride height (~27" front tires) @ the front cab mount which puts the lowest part of the x-member around 5" (frame rails are the lowest part of the truck/lower than the x-member).

*The replicated upper spring/bag bracket is solely to allow swapping back to bags @ a later time if desired.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift
Don't forget motion ratio when calculating _wheel travel_ as it relates to shock travel. Ride Techs strong arms for your application have a .646 motion ratio so the 3.6" stroke shock yields 5.57" of travel. Any angle in the shock matters also, even in the rear, a 4.1" stroke shock at a mounting angle 25* from plumb gets you 5" of wheel travel.
My set-up is about 2" lower than what the Ridetech C10 kit could provide. I can tweak the shock angle as well within limitations but w/that being said, maybe I'm fine @ the 3.6" stroke.