View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:53 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

There’s additional key factors that I didn’t list. Size of front tire you want to run is a big factor, maybe the biggest. At the end of the day, for a street car, there’s nothing wrong with updating your stock subframe with products from Ridetech, Speedtech, DSE, BMR, UMI, etc. But, as soon as you decide you HAVE to have R&P steering and/or big front tires, my opinion is you’re best going with an aftermarket frame.

For me, I came to the realization that turning these cars into a track car, while possible, is not particularly intelligent or for the faint of wallet. My car with its Lee Steering box and 245 front tires handles really well! BUT, it will get its ass kicked on a track by any car with an aftermarket frame and 315 front tires. Good thing I gave up on caring about that a long time ago. I’m happy with a street car that handles 5x better than it did stock. For those of us that have different goals, rock on, get that DSE, Speedtech Extreme or full frame aftermarket setup and go chase those lap times!

Last edit: if you have the money and don’t give a **** about lap times, you just want the coolest hot rod parts, go for it! This is a hobby and it’s supposed to be fun. “Need” doesn’t really apply to this hobby anyway!

Last edited by JKnight; 10-16-2020 at 10:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JKnight For This Useful Post:
camcojb (10-17-2020)