View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Lou, all this stuff is amazingly topical to me as well. I've got a good buddy (Jeff Tate, one of my fellow mods over at PT.com) who works the parts counter at a Chevy dealership near Atlanta. He can help source all the parts needed here: PWM module, fan, connectors, A/C sensor and connector, plus the pins needed to add the wires to the ECM connectors.

I follow the need to disable transmission oil and maybe engine oil temps from the algorithm, plus change the parameters from 360 psi to 260 psi on the pressure side of the refrigerant circuit. I'm now beginning to wonder about fan dimensions, and how it will fit in a 69 Camaro body. I'm not sure sure the difference between the V/A compressor and the GM matters that much... as long as the fans generate enough cooling to keep the high side pressure below 300ish psi.

Of a greater concern is that the ECM has no way to turn off the compressor. That's a function of the trinary switch -- which only passes on the compressor on request as long as the high side pressure is under 260 psi.

So another question would be: can the E67 be made to take in the compressor request from the dash switch, and only signal the compressor clutch to engage if the pressures are safe? And to withdraw that request if the pressures exceed a programmable threshold (say 325 psi)?

II Much Fabrication's Blog New products, Fabrication sequences, etc.